Monday 26 October 2009

First 'mooting' experience

The dates are a bit off on the first blog post, so apologies for that. However I participated in my first mooting-esque activity at university the other day. It was a balloon debate, meaning in essence we had to submit an argument as to why we should be saved from a balloon that is gradually falling towards earth.

I had the monumental misfortune of picking Ebenezer Scrooge, however I came to realise that it really wasn't that bad! From my research, I found that no matter who I'd picked, I'd have found some positives that I could draw from in order to make my submission.

Nevertheless, it went really rather well and it isn't half as scary as I envisaged. I strongly advise any law student to go for it, no matter how unconfident you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment